Thiririka river flows freely cascading to Tumathi waterfalls coined to mean, too much. Dense bushes engulf the forest while stinging leaves do the pricking. Interestingly, bamboo trees are found nestled at the center. Coffee plantations mushroom in and out of the farms. A tarmacked road connects the trails. Crossing on robust iron pipes arouses more fun.
Feature image courtesy of Chintan Gohel
- 2 Waterfalls
- Duff mpararo (River swimming)
0835h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0850h: Start the hike
1500h: Complete hike
Meet-up Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gatundu – Handege
About this activity
Duration: 5 hrs
Distance: Appx 9 km
Elevation: Steep in select areas
Trailhead: Handege shopping center
Trail Type: Point to point
Trail end: Gatundu town
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 600)
What to bring
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Rain gear in case it rains
- Swimming costume
- Warm clothing
- A wide-brimmed hat, Sunscreen
- 2Litres drinking water
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with them with any queries regarding this hike.
- The trail is suitable for beginner hikers and kids.
- The starting point of this hike is not the endpoint.
- This trail is NOT self-drive-friendly.
- For group travel via public transport, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point. Kindly keep time.
- Late cancellations will not be refunded.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- By getting a ticket, you agree to the T&C’s of Lets Drift.
- Please note that this hike is on unless communicated otherwise. You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket. See you on the trails!
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
- Hiking Gear Vendors
- Hiking Gear Guide
- Trail Difficulty Guide
- Trail Gallery
- Strava Routes
- Guide Bios
- Participation Badges
- Whatsapp Text Helpline
- Drift Shop
- Book a Private Drift
- Rate Lets Drift on Google