- This event has passed.
August 6 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Thiririka river flows freely cascading to Tumathi waterfalls coined to mean, too much. Dense bushes engulf the forest while stinging leaves do the pricking. Interestingly, bamboo trees are found nestled at the center. Coffee plantations mushroom in and out of the farms. A tarmacked road connects the trails. Crossing on robust iron pipes arouses more fun.
Feature image courtesy of Chintan Gohel
0700h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gatundu – Handege
0835h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0850h: Start the hike
1500h: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 5 hrs
Elevation: Steep in select areas
Trailhead: Handege shopping center
Trail Type: Point to point
Trail end: Gatundu town
- 2 Waterfalls
- Duff mpararo (River swimming)
- Instructor/guide fee
- Transport Fees(Ksh 500)
What to bring
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Rain gear in case it rains
- Swimming costume
- Warm clothing
- A wide-brimmed hat, Sunscreen
- 2Litres drinking water
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with them with any queries regarding this hike.
- The trail is suitable for beginner hikers and kids.
- The starting point of this hike is not the endpoint.
- This trail is NOT self-drive-friendly.
- For group travel via public transport, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point. Kindly keep time.
- Late cancellations will not be refunded.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- By getting a ticket, you agree to the T&C’s of Lets Drift.
- Please note that this hike is on unless communicated otherwise. You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket. See you on the trails!