- This event has passed.
Wheels & Waterfalls
September 10, 2022 @ 9:30 am - 2:30 pmKSh1,500 – KSh2,500
Come with us for a bike ride among the pine trees and single-track trails of Karura Forest. Join our guides as they take you on a bicycle tour of Karura’s back roads. The bikes and helmets are brand new and of the highest quality.
Photography Courtesy of Curtis Odhiambo, Charles Kimani, Marvin Muriu & Cosmas Rotich
- Karura waterfall
- Pine forest
- Wangari Mathai trail
- Bike trails
0830h: Departure Time At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Karura Forest(Limuru Road Gate)
0930h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0945h: Start the Ride
1400h: Complete ride
About this activity
Difficulty: Beginner & Intermediate friendly
Duration: 4 hrs
- Instructor/guide fee
- New Mountain Bike
- Karura entry fee (Ksh 100)
- Karura vehicle parking (Ksh 100)
- Transport (Ksh 200)
- Pre-ride routine
- Intros and Stretches
- Bike & Safety Briefing
- Bike & Helmet fitting
- Water distribution
- Rides will have various photo stops
- The guide will set ride pace. No one will be left behind.
What to bring
- Small backpack (double strapped bag)
- Water bottle (300ml – 500ml)
- A jacket (can get cold in the afternoon/evening)
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive-friendly and has safe parking. Karura Keet, entrance is via Limuru Road Gate – Pin Location
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for beginner and pro cyclists.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Cyclists that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.