Catch the Train
August 21 @ 7:00 am - 5:30 pmKSh300 – KSh1,000
The Ngong to Suswa is unarguably the most scenic train ride in Kenya; You go through 3 train tunnels, and experience majestic views of the GRV including Mt Suswa, Gicheru mines, and Mt Longonot, and more! The plan is to enjoy a ride to Suswa where we have some Nyama Choma for lunch at the local as we mingle and sip a drink before heading back to Nairobi.
0700hrs- Departure Time
Meetup point – Outside Bata Shop Hilton
0830hrs – Arrival at Ng’ong terminal
0830hrs -0930hrs – Ticket booking and bags frisking
0945hrs – Board train
1135hrs- Arrive at Suswa station & brief
1150-1430hrs- Lunch & drinks at Suswa
1530hrs Stipulated time to be back at the terminal
1615hrs- Board train back to Nairobi
1725hrs- Arrive at the Ngong terminal.
- Train Ride
- 3 SGR Tunnels
- Photography & Content creation
- Return train ticket from Ngong Terminus
- Guide fees
- Meals & Drinks
What to bring
- Light clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Identification documents.
Know before you go
The SGR does not permit:
- Sharp objects ie spears, knives of hack saw blades, etc
- Uncooked meat
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Professional hiking guides lead our experiences, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.