- This event has passed.
Elite Category: Kijabe Enduro 2023
March 4 @ 7:30 am - March 5 @ 5:00 pmKSh4,000
Get ready for an adrenaline-pumping adventure at the 6th edition of the Kijabe Enduro MTB race! This two-day event will take you on a thrilling journey across eight challenging stages that will test your endurance and skills as a mountain biker.
Riders of all levels are invited to come and participate in this exciting race. Whether you’re a seasoned pro or new to the world of enduro racing, this event is the perfect opportunity to push yourself to the limit and experience the thrill of competition.
But before you hit the trails, we strongly advise you to do a recce before the race day. This will give you the chance to get familiar with the trails and ensure your safety during the event. Trust us, you don’t want to miss out on this opportunity to ride some of the most beautiful and challenging trails in the area.
This is not just a race, it’s an experience! A pre-race session will be held to go over the rules and regulations and answer any questions you may have, so you can focus on the task at hand.
A pre-race meeting will be held to go over the rules and regulations, and to answer any questions the riders may have. The event will be timed using the latest electronic timing systems, with results being posted online immediately after the race.
Riders should consider the following in preparation
- Fitness: The course will include steep climbs and technical descents, so it is important to have a good level of physical fitness. Training and conditioning prior to the race is highly recommended.
- Bike maintenance: Riders should ensure that their mountain bike is in good working condition and properly maintained before the race. It is a good idea to have a professional mechanic check and service the bike before the race.
- Safety equipment: Riders must wear a helmet and gloves at all times during the race. It is also a good idea to bring other safety gear such as knee and elbow pads.
- Hydration and nutrition: Riders should bring enough water and snacks to sustain them throughout the race.
- Pre-race recce: If possible riders should take the time to do a recce of the course before the race, especially if you have never raced or participated in any enduro event or riding to get familiar with the trails for safety reasons.
- Be prepared for the unexpected: Riders should be prepared for the unexpected and bring any necessary items such as a repair kit, extra tubes, and tools in case of mechanical issues
- Race entry
- Bike shuttle from stage to stage
- Rider shuttle
- Snacks and water
- Race village access
- Transportation to Kijabe
- Food (lunch)
RACE VILLAGE: KIJABE KAWAHA
Morning race brief: Kijabe Kahawa 7:45am
- Ride to Hit the Lights Trail: 1 Hour Provision
- Stage 1: Hit the Lights
- Stage 2: Flying Horse
- Stage 3: Fire Brake
- Stage 4: Snap!
Morning race brief: Kijabe Kahawa 7:45am
- Climb to Under The S Trail: 1 Hour Provision
- Stage 5: Under The S
- Stage 6: Stumpies
- Stage 7: Midnight Train
- Stage 8: Rebers into Timelapse
- Climb back to Race Village
- Award Ceremony
Where to Stay
Kijabe Guest House – 0717676769
- 3x Apartment can hold 4 or 5 people @ Kshs 4000/night
- Self contained rooms @Kshs 2000/night
- Shared room (2 or 3 people) & shared bathroom @Kshs 1000/night
- Single room & shared bathroom @Kshs 600/night
Moffat Guest House – 0737589113
- Bunk beds with shared bathroom @ Kshs 600/night
- There are a number of Air BnBs around the area. Please check on what is available to suit your needs
Kindly book in advance especially for riders
By participating I declare that I am willing to enter this event and that the information on this form is complete and correct. I understand and agree that I participate in this event entirely at my own risk, that I must rely on my own ability in dealing with all hazards, and that I must ride in a manner that is safe for myself and all others. I agree that no liability whatsoever shall be attached to the event organizers, event sponsors, or any member of the promoting club in respect of any injury, loss, or damage suffered by me in, or due to, the event, however, caused.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.