June 11 @ 6:00 am - 4:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
This is a challenging 6 hour hike for curious hikers. It starts at Gichiengo Shopping center descending steeply through the thick forest vegetation. The hiking route follows the railway line to a little-known train tunnel known by locals as Kamungu ka Nduma translated from Kikuyu meaning A dark tunnel. After exploring the tunnel, we will ascend the Kijabe hill to gorgeous panoramic views at the top and trek through Kijabe forest to our endpoint.
- Kamungu ka Nduma
- Breathtaking Kijabe hills
- Kinale Forest
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport Fees(Ksh 500)
- KFS Entrance Fee(Ksh232)
0630h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Kimende – Gichiengo
0800h: Start the hike
1600h: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 6 hrs
Maximum altitude: 2700m
Terrain: Very Steep
Trail Type: Out and Back
Trailhead: Gichiengo Shopping center
Trail end: Soko Mjinga
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.