- This event has passed.
January 1 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
On this one-of-a-kind drift, we will take you on a trip back in time to 1942 on a tour of the infamous tiny church built by Italian prisoners of war and afterwards enjoy a hiking adventure to Mt Margaret. After this, hikers will attempt to catch the train for a 1 hour chilled ride back to Ngong town.
- Crying rock
- Mt Margaret
- Views of GRV
0600h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Maimahiu
0815h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1500h: Complete hike
About this activity
Difficulty: Moderate – Challenging
Duration: 7 hrs
Elevation: Steep in select areas
Trailhead: Italian church
Trail Type: In and out
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 600)
- community fee (Ksh 150)
What To Bring?
physical personal identification document(ID).
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is NOT self-drive-friendly.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less before the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.