- This event has passed.
May 13 @ 6:30 am - 3:30 pmFree
Are you looking for an adrenaline pumped hiking experience away from the hustle and bustle of the city? Look no further; we have you covered. Kieni forest, in Kiambu county is part of the greater Aberdare forest with a glimpse of the stunning views of unique scenery that Kenya has to offer.
- Forest trails
- 3 Waterfalls
- Duff mpararo (Swimming)
0630h: Departure Time
0920h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0930h: Start the hike
1530h: Complete hike
Meet-up Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Thika – Gakoe
About this activity
Duration: 6 hours
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 700)
- Conservancy fee 400
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This Drift is self-drive friendly and has safe parking-Kieni Forest Office
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way. However, for this hike, there will only be one pickup point at Thika. Liaise with the guide for more information.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket. See you on the trails!
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about the trail
- Instagram – Rheen Ruby
- Photos by Peter Nyabuto
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.