- This event has passed.
July 30 @ 6:30 am - 4:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Kieni Forest is part of the greater Aberdare Forest with a majestic canopy, dense foliage, and incredible waterfall features. Quite simply, it’s Karura Forest on Russian-level athletic steroids, a perfect salve to the Nairobi smog-choked soul, and a forest bather’s paradise. The forest boasts of three majestic waterfalls. The trail is moderate; however, it gets challenging in the wetter months due to muddy and slippery trails.
- 3 Waterfalls
- Forest trails
- Tea farms
- Views of Nyandarua ranges
- Duff mpararo (Swimming)
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 600)
- KFS fee (Ksh 400)
0630h: Departure at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gakoe
0815h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1500h: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 7 hrs
Terrain: Slippery and wet
Trailhead: Kieni KFS station
Trail Type: Out and back
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is Self-drive friendly and has safe parking: – Gakoe Shopping Centre – Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for beginner hikers looking to challenge themselves.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about this trail