- This event has passed.
March 11 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Kinale is a floral mosaic where orchids grow in plenty, as well as bamboo stalks due to the area’s high altitude. As you walk into the forest, the trees of Kinale tower over you. In the early morning, the fog takes precedence over the pathways and you’d probably need a torch to find your way through this forest. Be sure to carry your camera to capture the fog that evokes ” the horror type of vibes” in the wee morning hours.
- Forest trail
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 450)
- KFS Fee (Ksh 232)
0600h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (Opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gatamaiyu
0815h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1630h: Complete hike
About this activity
Elevation: Gradual steepness
Trailhead: Gatamaiyu Shopping center
Trail-end: Kimende Township
Trail Type: Point to point
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is NOT self-drive-friendly.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.