- This event has passed.
Mau Mau Caves
April 8 @ 6:30 am - 3:30 pmFree – KSh1,000
During the colonial era, Kikuyu warriors used the Kereita forest to hide from their adversaries, using the morning and evening fog. Kereita means “warriors place”. Come with us as we explore the mysterious Mau Mau caves.
- Kereita forest
- Maumau caves
- Guide fee
- Transport Fees (Ksh 400)
- KFS entry (Ksh 232)
- Snacks & Meals
0800h: Start the hike
1530h: Complete hike
Meet-up Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton
Route: Nrbi – Magina
About this activity
Duration: 6 hrs
Distance: Appx 15km
Terrain: Select steep areas
Self-drive friendly: Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.