March 25 @ 6:30 am - 4:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Join us on an unforgettable journey as we venture into the heart of the southern region of the Aberdare forest in search of a hidden waterfall and a breathtaking dam that serves as a source of water for the locals.
Feature Image Courtesy of Nyaga Shutterbug.
- Forest trail
- Nyanduma Dam
- Duff mpararo (swimming)
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 550)
- KFS fee (Ksh 232)
0630h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gatamaiyu
0815h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1630h: Complete hike
About this activity
Elevation: Gradual steepness
Trailhead: Chiboni, Mau Mau Road
Trail Type: Point to point
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is NOT self-drive-friendly.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Professional hiking guides lead our experiences, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please get in touch with us for more information.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about this trail
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.