February 26 @ 6:30 am - 4:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Join us on an adventurous escapade as we trek deeper inside the Southern part of the Aberdare forest in search of a hidden waterfall with a scenic dam that supplies water to the locals along a forest trail full of ferns and moss.
Feature Image Courtesy of Dennis Nyaga.
- Forest trail
- Nyanduma Dam
- Duff mpararo (swimming)
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 450)
- KFS fee (Ksh 232)
0630h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gatamaiyu
0815h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1630h: Complete hike
About this activity
Elevation: Gradual steepness
Trailhead: Sifoni, Mau Mau Road
Trail Type: Point to point
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is NOT self-drive-friendly.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
- Hiking Gear Guide
- Hiking Gear Vendors
- Trail Difficulty Guide
- Trail Gallery
- Strava Routes
- Guide Bios
- Participation Badges
- Whatsapp Text Helpline
- Drift Shop
- Book a Private Drift
- Rate Lets Drift on Google
What Drifters say about this trail