- This event has passed.
May 27 @ 6:30 am - 4:00 pmFree
Join us on an adventurous escapade as we trek deeper inside the Southern part of the Aberdare forest in search of a hidden waterfall with a scenic dam that supplies water to the locals along a forest trail full of ferns and moss.
Feature Image Courtesy of Dennis Nyaga.
- Forest trail
- Nyanduma Dam
- Duff mpararo (swimming)
0630h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gatamaiyu
0815h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1630h: Complete hike
About this activity
Elevation: Gradual steepness
Trailhead: Sifoni, Mau Mau Road
Trail Type: Point to point
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 500)
- KFS fee (Ksh 232)
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is NOT self-drive-friendly.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
- Hiking Gear Guide
- Hiking Gear Vendors
- Trail Difficulty Guide
- Trail Gallery
- Strava Routes
- Guide Bios
- Participation Badges
- Whatsapp Text Helpline
- Drift Shop
- Book a Private Drift
- Rate Lets Drift on Google
What Drifters say about this trail
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.