Ol Oroka Ranges
June 24 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
The Ol Oroka massif, a stunning mountain standing at 2048 meters above sea level at its highest point. Located on the floor of the Great Rift Valleyand is a popular spot for Maasai herders to graze their cattle during the dry season.
As you make your way up the slopes of Ol Oroka, you’ll be treated to breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape, with the little town of Oltepesi (also known as Tinga) nestled in the valley below. It’s an adventure you won’t soon forget!
- Ol Oroka Ranges
- Views of Mt Olegesaile
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 800)
- Entry fee (Ksh 250)
0600h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
0730h: Start the hike
1700h: Complete hike
Meet-up Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton
Route: Nrbi – Kiserian – Oltepesi
About this activity
Duration: 7 hrs
Trail Type: Out and Back
Trail end: Oltepesi
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Hydrate constantly to avoid extreme exhaustion and heatstroke. Carry 3-4 litres of water and a hat to protect yourself from the heat.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters Say About this trail
- Instagram – Jovial James
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.