The Rurimeria trail has a series of four ridges, the first being the steepest and the hardest as you gain altitude. Rurimeria Hill is 3,860 m (12,670 ft) above sea level. It’s the third-highest hill of the Aberdares and considered among the toughest. The beautiful trail has lots of colorful mountainous vegetation and gorgeous landscape views to soak in with every step!
0900h: hours: start the hike
1800h: Finish hike
2100h: Arrival in Nairobi
Meet-up Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Ndunyu Njeru
About this activity
Difficulty Level: Challenge
Duration: 7 hours
Elevation gain: 1200 m
Maximum altitude: 3860 m
What’s Not Included
Must have completed at least three hikes in the last two months, including 1 at high altitude.
What to Wear/Bring
• Head: fleece marvin or hat
• Hiking buff or scarf
• Sports bra
• Thermal T-shirt (polyester)
• Fleece jacket
• Down jacket
• Shell jacket
• Water-resistant gloves
• Hiking pants or summit pants with fleece or waterproof pants
• Cotton socks (plus an extra pair or two in your backpack)
• Waterproof hiking boots
• 3 liters of water (bring a reusable bottle or a hydration pack)
• Snacks: fruit salad, energy drink, warm beverage, biscuits, sandwich, trail mix (nuts), etc.
• Personal items (ID, pocket money, hand sanitizer, face mask, phone, camera, lighter, pocket knife, and first-aid kit)
• Trekking pole
•Change of clothes and shoes in case you get wet or muddy.
• Sunglasses, sunscreen, and sun protection
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel, we will meet up at the Bata Shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive-friendly and has safe parking. – Geta Bush
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Professional hiking guides lead our experiences, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a first-aid kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.