February 25 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Standing at approx. 2300m ASL William hill summit offers a good vantage point for a breathtaking panoramic view of the Great Rift Valley. The hill is part of the greater Kikuyu escarpment. From the floor of the rift valley for about 10km to the hike, you get to see Osotua camp and Namcha ranch. As you ascend the hill, you get to learn the history of the area where over 100 people were killed in what is known as Kedong massacre. You will also see the Olonana boundary among other features.
- Ewaso-kedong river
- William hill
- Views of GRV & Mt Longonot
Location: At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Maimahiu
0730h: Start the hike
1600h: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 7 hrs
Terrain: Rocky and filled with thorny shrubs
Trailhead: Italian Church – Maimahiu
Trail Type: Point to point
Trail end: Limuru
Not Self drive friendly
- Instructor/guide fee
- Transport Fees(Ksh 400)
- Community Fee(Ksh200)
- Snacks & Meals
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel, we will meet up at Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is not self-drive-friendly
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- Hydrate constantly to avoid extreme exhaustion and heatstroke. Carry 3-4 litres of water and a hat to protect yourself from the heat.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.