July 8 @ 5:00 am - 5:30 pmKSh2,750 – KSh3,250
All the stories you’ve heard about hiking at Elephant Hill are true. Elephant Hill may make or break a hiker. This trip is a great test for novice and experienced hikers alike. Located at an elevation of 8,202 feet (2,500 meters) above sea level, the trail begins at the Njabini Forest Station gate and travels to the peak and back over the course of 18 kilometers. It takes about 7-8 hours to make the round trek, assuming a reasonable pace.
- Elephant hill summit
- Bamboo Forests
- Panoramic views
- High altitude experience
Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton (Opposite Kencom)
0730hrs – start the hike
1300hrs – Summit
1700hrs – Finish hike
2000hrs – Arrival at Nairobi
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day
- Transportation to the trailhead and back
- Park entry fee for citizens and residents
- Achievement badge
- Lets Drift power bar
What’s Not Included
- Park entry fee for non-residents ($60)
About this activity
Duration: 7 hours
Max Elevation: 3,658m
Duration: 7-8 hours
Trail Head: Njabini Forest Gate
Trail end: Njabini Forest Gate
What to bring
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Hiking Backpack
- Leg gaiters
- Hiking pants
- 3L water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack)
- T-shirt (long sleeve polyester or/and thermal T-shirt)
- Fleece Jacket and a shell jacket (or a poncho for the Shell)
- Gloves (warm and waterproof)
- Hiking buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, sun protection
- Hat; Marvin, fleece hat, a wide-brimmed hat, etc
- Polyester socks (+ an extra pair or two in your backpack)
- Trekking pole
- Snacks (sandwich, trail mix (nuts), fruit salad, energy drink, warm beverage, biscuits, etc.)
- Personal items (ID, pocket money, hand sanitizer, facemask, phone, camera, Lighter, Pocket Knife, First aid Kit)
- Change of clothes in case you get wet or muddy.
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel, we will meet up at Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive-friendly and has safe parking. Elephant Hill Hiking Trail – Pin location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Professional hiking guides lead our experiences, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.