February 11 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Known as the Character developing trail amongst Drifters, Gicheru mines should be worth your attempt. Located in the Kikuyu escarpment this trail difficulty is dependent on your ability to handle the heat. The journey starts on a hill descending down through thick grass and shrubs. If you love herbs there’s sage in hundreds and they smell amazing.
Once you get to the gorge and into the caves you get to appreciate the beautiful diatomite mines, and cool caves and watch beautiful birds sing and fly across. It’s hot so quick-dry clothes are the best. Remember to carry enough water (3L Min) and snacks to keep your energy high throughout.
- Diatomite mines
- Views of GRV
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
- Achievement badge
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 400)
0600h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Thogoto – Boroti
0730h: Start the hike
1700h: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 7 hrs
Trailhead: Boroti Shopping center
Trail Type: Out and Back
Trail end: Boroti Shopping center
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is Self-drive friendly and has safe parking: – Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Hydrate constantly to avoid extreme exhaustion and heatstroke. Carry 3-4 litres of water and a hat to protect yourself from the heat.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about this trail