February 18 @ 6:30 am - 3:30 pmFree – KSh1,000
Due to its geographical positioning in the highlands near the Aberdares Mountains, Gatundu has countless massive waterfalls. Discover giant waterfalls hidden deep in the Githobokoni area of Gatundu North.
- Forest trails
- 2 Waterfalls
- Duff mpararo (Swimming)
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 600)
0630h: Departure Time
Location: At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Thika – Gakoe
0920h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0930h: Start the hike
1530h: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 6 hours
Terrain: Some sections are extremely steep
Trailhead: Gakoe Shopping Centre
Trail end: Mataara Shopping Centre
Trail Type: Point to Point
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
While this Drift is not self-drive friendly one can park their vehicle at Mataara Shopping center (Endpoint) and take a boda to the starting point at Gakoe Shopping centre. Liaise with the guide for more information.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way. However, for this hike, there will only be one pickup point at Thika. Liaise with the guide for more information.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket. See you on the trails!
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about the trail