- This event has passed.
February 1 @ 6:30 am - 4:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
The trail’s name, “Place of Many Monkeys,” comes from the fact that it is close to one of the largest natural forests in Kiambu. This means that you will see monkeys along the trail. This new find in the Kikuyu escarpments is something to be fond of. You get to go through one of only 3 tunnels under the railroad, stand near a hidden waterfall, and walk on a scary log that is the only way to get to the other side.
- Forest trail
- Dark Tunnel
- Panoramic Views
0630h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Gichiengo
0800h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0900h: Start the hike
1600h: Complete hike
About this activity
Terrain: Steep in select areas
Trailhead: Gichiengo Shopping center
Trail Type: Point to point
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 600)
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is NOT self-drive-friendly.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.