- This event has passed.
February 12, 2022 @ 4:30 am - 9:00 pmKSh1,700 – KSh3,500
Known as Oldoinyo Lesatima, Mt Satima is the highest of the Aberdares peaks and the third highest mountain in Kenya. Located on the Nothern side of the Aberdare Range, the hiking cuts through the bogs and moorlands to the jaw-dropping out of this world sporadic rock formation dubbed “Dragon’s Teeth”.and finally to Mt Satima summit.
Feature Image courtesy of Donald Mwangi.
- Mt Satima
- Dragons teeth
- Twin rocks
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day
- Transportation to the trailhead and back
- Park entry fee for citizens and residents
- Achievement badge
- Lets Drift power bar
What’s Not Included
- Park entry fee for non-residents
Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton (Opposite Kencom)
Route: Shamata gate
0900hrs – Start the hike
1300hrs – Summit
1600hrs – Finish hike
2100hrs – Arrival at Nairobi
About this activity
Difficulty level: Challenge
Duration: 7 hours
Elevation gain: 600m
Maximum altitude: 4001m
Must have done at least 3 hikes in the past two months, including 1 high altitude hike.
What to bring
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Hiking Backpack
- Leg gaiters
- Hiking pants
- 3L water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack)
- T-shirt (long sleeve polyester or/and thermal T-shirt)
- Fleece Jacket and a shell jacket (or a poncho for the Shell)
- Gloves (warm and waterproof)
- Hiking buff or scarf
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, sun protection
- Hat; Marvin, fleece hat, a wide-brimmed hat, etc
- Polyester socks (+ an extra pair or two in your backpack)
- Trekking pole
- Snacks (sandwich, trail mix (nuts), fruit salad, energy drink, warm beverage, biscuits, etc.)
- Personal items (ID, pocket money, hand sanitizer, facemask, phone, camera, Lighter, Pocket Knife, First aid Kit)
- Change of clothes and shoes in case you get wet or muddy.
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel, we will meet up at Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive-friendly and has safe parking. Shamata Gate – Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
- Hiking Gear Guide
- Hiking Gear Vendors
- Trail Difficulty Guide
- Trail Gallery
- Strava Routes
- Guide Bios
- Participation Badges
- Whatsapp Text Helpline
- Drift Shop
- Book a Private Drift
- Rate Lets Drift on Google
What Drifters say about this trail