- This event has passed.
Ol Donyo Orok
July 2 @ 6:00 am - 5:00 pmKSh1,000
Oldonyo Orok is a beautiful and challenging hill located in Mailitisa, a small town near the infamous Namanga border town. It has amazing views from thé summit Enkamuka Peak, which is thé second highest peak of Oldonyo Orok also known as the black mountain due to the giant black rocks scattered across the hills.
- Enkamuka Peak
- Forest trail
- Rock boulders
- Panoramic views
- Namanga Border ( Kenya – Tanzania)
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 1,000)
- Community fee (Ksh 250)
0600hrs: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (Opposite Kencom)
Route: Nairobi – Namanga
0830hrs: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0845hrs: Start the hike
1530h: Complete hike
About the Activity
Difficulty: Moderate – Challange
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive friendly and has safe parking: – Maili Tisa Town – Pin Location
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about this trail