- This event has passed.
July 10 @ 7:30 am - 2:30 pmFree – KSh1,000
The hike takes you through the beautiful tea farms with refreshing air, rolling tea farms, dams, waterfalls, and man-made forests. Tigoni is set at 2,200m above Nairobi and in some places, you can see the green city in the sun shining below. The cool weather makes the destination perfect for hiking tours. This experience ends with a coffee experience at the gorgeous Niifty Coffe place in Tigoni
- Tea farms
- Tour of Kawamwaki farm
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 300)
- Kawamwaki farm tour (Ksh 100)
0730 hrs: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nairobi ~ Limuru
0815 hrs: Hike briefing & stretches
0830 hrs: Start the hike
1400 hrs: Complete hike
About this activity
Duration: 5 hrs
Trailhead: Maramba Tea Factory
End: Gulf petrol station
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
The endpoint of this trail is different from the start, those on self-drive are advised to park at the endpoint and catch a boda to the start.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about Tigoni 2
- Instagram – Rheen Ruby