The 2nd of the scenic 5 series of Gatamaiyu waterfalls, Gatamaiyu 2 is one of our earliest discoveries and remains king for its series of attractions. Recommended for beginners, Intermediate hikers, or anyone who loves ‘duff mpararo’
- 2 Waterfalls
- Duff mpararo (River swimming)
0700h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
0835h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0850h: Start the hike
1500h: Complete hike
Meet-up Location: Outside Bata Shop, Hilton(opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Githunguri – Ha Gakuru
About this activity
Duration: 5 hrs
Elevation: Steep in select areas
Trailhead: Ha Gakuru shopping center
Trail Type: Point to point
Trail end: Githunguri town
- Instructor/guide fee
- Transport Fees(Ksh 300)
What to bring
- Waterproof hiking shoes
- Rain gear in case it rains
- Swimming costume
- Warm clothing
- A wide-brimmed hat, Sunscreen
- 2Litres drinking water
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with them with any queries regarding this hike.
- The trail is suitable for beginner hikers and kids.
- The starting point of this hike is not the endpoint.
- This trail is NOT self-drive-friendly.
- For group travel via public transport, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point. Kindly keep time.
- Late cancellations will not be refunded.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- By getting a ticket, you agree to the T&C’s of Lets Drift.
- Please note that this hike is on unless communicated otherwise. You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket. See you on the trails!
- Hiking Gear Vendors
- Hiking Gear Guide
- Trail Difficulty Guide
- Trail Gallery
- Strava Routes
- Guide Bios
- Participation Badges
- Whatsapp Text Helpline
- Drift Shop
- Book a Private Drift
- Rate Lets Drift on Google