- This event has passed.
January 14 @ 5:30 am - 5:00 pmFree – KSh2,500
Named Sleeping Warrior for its resemblance to a man lying on his back hence the name, the hike starts with a trek along the shores of Lake Elementaita. A walk around the shore suddenly brings to view the amazing hill to your eyes. The climb takes us through Sleeping Warrior – a sharp ascent to the nose (the peak) which provides a beautiful view of the lake and the caldera before descending towards the Eastern side to attempt the second.
Feature image courtesy of Jovial James
- Sleeping Warrior Summit
- Pink Lake(flamingos)
- Select Wildlife (gazelles, zebras)
- Hot Springs(swimming)
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day
- Premium transport
What’s Not Included
- KFS Entry ( Ksh 300)
0530h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (Opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Kikopey
0830h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0845h: Start the hike
1630h: Complete hike
About this activity
Distance: 19 km
Terrain: Rocky and filled with thorny shrubs
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is Self-drive friendly and has safe parking: – Pin Location
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Professional hiking guides lead our experiences, and well-known local guides are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.