- This event has passed.
July 9 @ 4:30 am - 9:00 pm
The largest lake of Mt Kenya’s great lakes after Lake Alice and Lake Michaelson. The trail gets you right into the forest and takes you through the dense forest covered with both indigenous and man-made trees and to the scenic Nithi Falls. On a clear day, you can enjoy the stunning views of the tallest peaks in Mt Kenya
Cover image courtesy of Omondi Tuju.
PS: Ticket sales for this experience close on Friday 8th at 12:00 pm
- Nithi Falls
- Mugi Hill
- Lake Ellis
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day
- Transportation to the trailhead and back
- Park entry fee for citizens and residents
- Achievement badge
- Lets Drift power bar
What’s Not Included
- Park entry fee for non-residents
Location: At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Chogoria
0800hrs – start the hike
1600hrs – Finish hike
2100hrs – Arrival at Nairobi
About this activity
Difficulty level: Challenge
Duration: 7 hours
Elevation gain: 1200m
Maximum altitude: 3860m
Must have done at least 3 hikes in the past two months, including 1 high altitude hike.
What to Wear/Bring
• Head: Fleece Marvin/ hat
• Hiking buff/ scarf
• Sports bra
• Thermal T-shirt (polyester)
• Fleece jacket
• Down jacket
• Shell jacket
• Water-resistant Gloves
•Hiking pants/Summit pants with fleece/Waterproof pants.
•Cotton socks (+ an extra pair or two in your backpack)
•Waterproof hiking boots
• 3Ltrs water (bring a reusable bottle or a hydration pack)
• Snacks: fruit salad, energy drink, warm beverage, biscuits, sandwich, trail mix (nuts), etc.
• Personal items (ID, pocket money, hand sanitizer, facemask, phone, camera, Lighter, Pocket Knife, and First-aid Kit)
• Trekking pole
•Change of clothes and shoes in case you get wet or muddy.
•Sunglasses, sunscreen, sun protection
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel, we will meet up at Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive-friendly and has safe parking. KWS Chogoria Gate – Mt. Kenya National Park – Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What Drifters say about this trail