- This event has passed.
Ngurunga cia Njangiri
March 24 @ 7:00 am - 3:00 pmFree – KSh1,000
Famously known as Nachu Caves Located on Gatune hills. The caves are rocky and slippery. Fun fact; they take the shape of the horn of Africa. Inside these caves are remnants of ash and names of people scribbled on them. The path to get here shifts from mud, bush, and shrubs to grazing fields as Ngong hills come into clear view. This short and sweet adventure requires crawling on fours when descending with a touch of balance. Ngurunga cia Njangiri is translated from Kikuyu meaning thugs caves.
- Panoramic views
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What’s Not Included
- Transport (Ksh 250)
- Meals – Hangout at Crave Kitchen Kikuyu
0700h: Departure At the benches near Bata shop, Hilton (opposite Kencom)
Route: Nrbi – Kikuyu – Lusigetti
0820h: Hike Briefing & Stretches
0830h: Start the hike
1530h: Complete hike
About this activity
Terrain: Steep with loose rocks
Trail Type: Out and back
Where Do We Meet?
For group travel via psv, we will meet up at the benches near Bata shop Hilton (opposite Kencom). The guide will be at the meet-up point.
This trip is self-drive friendly and has safe parking: Sumatt Supermarket – Pin Location
Our Safety Pledge
Your safety is our top priority. Our experiences are led by professional hiking guides, and well-known local guides who are well versed with the trails they are guiding. All our guides carry a First-aid Kit and have an emergency contact. If you have any further questions about safety, please contact us for more information.
Know before you go
- The guide’s contact is available at the bottom of this page. Feel free to get in touch with any queries regarding this hike.
- Kindly note that we do not do pickups along the way.
- The trail is NOT suitable for kids and beginner hikers.
- Kindly observe the COVID-19 health safety regulations.
- You will get an email confirmation of your booking once you purchase your ticket.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
What drifters say about this trail
By confirming your RSVP(s), you consent to all terms stated in the Terms & conditions and Waiver & Indemnity Agreement.