Living the Soft Life at Thiba falls.
Do you ever want to get out of the city to just wind down after a long week? Do you also want a fun and easy experience away from Nairobi? Then Thiba might just be the experience you are looking for.
The experience starts in Nairobi CBD where we take transport to Outdoorsman Cabin, where the fun begins.
What is special about this experience?
- Outdoorsman Cabin. The place has very picturesque cabins that are quite artistic in design. There is also a picnic site where you can chill and have fun. You could also set up a hammock
- Waterfalls. There are two waterfalls on the grounds of the Outdoorsman cabin and you can swim in one of them. The water is shallow, so even if you are not a good swimmer, you can still get in, splash around and play volleyball in the water.
- It gets even better- there are swings in the waterfall where you can have fun like a little child again.
- Thiba waterfalls. There are three waterfalls in Thiba, which are tier waterfalls. The water comes from Mt Kirinyaga. Come and experience these majestic waterfalls that will take your breath away.
- Duff mpararo (swimming). If you love duff mpararo, you cannot miss this experience. Since it is a soft life experience, you have plenty of time to enjoy yourself in the cool waters of Thiba.
This is a soft-life experience for you to just chill and have fun. The descent at Thiba waterfalls is steep, so ensure that your shoes have a good grip.
The central meeting point is Nairobi CBD on the benches near Bata Hilton. From there, we head out to take transport to Kutus. The journey to the starting point is about two hours long. The cost of transportation to and from the starting point is approximately Ksh 800.
The trail is also self-drive friendly in case you don’t want to take public transport.
There is also an entrance fee of Ksh 300 at the Outdoorsman Cabin
What do you need for the experience?
- Hiking boots
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 2 – 3 litres of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack).
- Quick dry clothes
- Swimming costume and a towel
- Warm drinks
- Change of clothes
- Camera Gear
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Can you bring your kids with you?
Yes, you definitely can! This is a soft life experience for you and your family to enjoy.
If you liked Living the Soft Life at Thiba falls, you might also like Catch the Train
See you on the softer side of life!