Hurry, Let’s Catch the Train
Are you looking for an excellent calm way to spend your weekend outside Nairobi? Maybe you’ve done many challenging hikes and want to try out something in the soft life category.
You might want to try out this exciting experience, where we take a train ride where you get to experience Kenya’s rich beauty. This experience is also an opportunity for you to network, relax and have fun with one another.
What is special about this experience
- The train ride. Get to sit back, relax and enjoy the train that we don’t get to ride every day.
- The tunnels. There are three train tunnels where it gets completely dark and all you can feel is the train moving.
- Panoramic views. As you ride the train, you get to experience majestic views of the Great Rift Valley such as Mt Suswa, Gicheru mines, Mt Longonot, and more.
- Games. There are many fun board games for you to play, such as chess and Jenga.
- Lunch and drinks. If you’ve had nyama choma (Kenyan Barbecue) before, have you had some as good as the one in Suswa? Come and experience some savoury local nyamchom that will make your taste buds dance from happiness. You could also have some drinks to accompany your lunch.
This is a soft life experience for you just to chill, relax and have fun.
The central meeting point is Nairobi CBD on the benches near Bata Hilton. From there, we head out to take public transport to the Ngong Railway Terminus.
There is safe parking for your car at the terminus in case you don’t want to take public transport.
The train ticket costs Kshs 200 (two way).
NB: The SGR does not permit you to board the train if you have: alcohol, sharp objects such as knives, blades, and uncooked meat.
What do you need for the experience?
- Identification documents such as your ID, passport or birth certificate
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- A camera to take amazing pictures
- Time-lapse if you have one
- Good vibes and Insha’Allah
Can you bring your kids with you?
Yes, definitely. The more the merrier. This is a fun experience for people of all ages.
If you are looking for more relaxed experiences, you might want to check out our Drift Specials like Unplug, YogAdventure and Photowalk