Love This Beat
Hey, you! Are you looking for a new cycling adventure near Nairobi? A serene quiet trail where you can feel the breeze as you ride your bike? Are you also new to biking and want something easy that you can manage? Then this trail is for you.
Love this Beat was coined by riders at Karura from a bumpy section of the trails that gets you to feel as though you are dancing to a beat.
What is special about this trail?
- Abundant trails. The biking trails are well defined thus making it easy for you to cycle around the forest.
- Two waterfalls. There’s nothing quite like listening to a waterfall. We have a short break from cycling just to chill and relax at the waterfall.
- Pine forest. Come see the beautiful pine trees that are in plenty at Karura forest.
This is a beginner-friendly bike ride. The distance is 10- 16km and the terrain is mostly gentle sloping. So if you’ve just started exploring biking as a hobby, this trail could be just the one you’re looking for.
The central meeting point is Nairobi CBD on the benches near Bata Hilton. From there, we head out to take public transport to Karura Forest.
The trail is also self-drive-friendly in case you don’t want to take public transport.
There is also the Karura Entry fee of Ksh 100 and if you’re driving, a parking fee of Ksh 100.
What do you need for the trail?
- Padded shorts/ saddle pad.(optional)
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 2– 3 litres of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack).
- Quick dry clothes
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Can you bring your kids with you?
Yes. This is a child-friendly biking experience.
If you like this trail, you can check out Miss this Tree, Victoria’s secret and Unplug.