Miss The Trees
There is nothing quite like biking out in nature. The serenity of the forest, the uneven trails, the fresh air and the melodies of the animals in the forest.
If you are looking for a fun place to go biking and challenge yourself, then this trail is for you. You can ride as fast as you can, just make sure you miss the trees.
The trail is at Ngong Road Forest Sanctuary. The forest is home to a wide variety of animals such as duikers, bushbucks, bush pigs, genets, civets, bush babies, porcupines, sykes monkeys, squirrels, hares and more.
What is special about this trail
- Scenic trails. Ngong Road forest sanctuary has plenty of trails and different nature sights for you to enjoy.
- A chance to see a gazelle. Gazelles can be shy, but sometimes you can spot when you are biking on this trail
The difficulty of this trail varies depending on the distance we cover. The distance varies from 15- 20km (beginner friendly), 25- 35km (intermediate) and 40- 50km (challenging)
The central meeting point is Nairobi CBD on the benches near Bata Hilton. From there, we head out to take public transport to Ngong Road Forest Sanctuary. The cost of transportation to and from the starting point is approximately Ksh 150.
The trail is also self-drive friendly in case you don’t want to take public transport.
There is also a KFS fee of Ksh 250 and if you are driving, a parking fee of Ksh 100.
What do you need for the trail?
- Padded shorts/ saddle pad
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 3 – 4 litres of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack).
- Shades to protect your eyes from the sun
- Quick dry clothes
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Hiking Gear Vendors – Lets Drift
Can you bring your kids with you?
No. It is not a child-friendly trail.
In case you liked this adventure, you might also want to try out Victoria’s Secret, Love this Beat and Unplug.
Join the discussion One Comment