Njabini Gem with a View of the Grand Aberdare
There is something about communing with nature that revitalizes the soul. Something about it renews a person leaving them refreshed and ready for life. Being in nature, being one with nature is a privilege. It is the gift mother earth bestowed upon us. The Njabini Trail boasts key attractions that will have you both weeping with appreciation of nature and overwhelmed with awe.
- At the Njabini trail, you will walk on an expanse of luscious green. It will feel like you are walking on grassy clouds.
- You will inhale air so fresh and wonderful, your body will want to hold on to it for a little while. Owing to the dense Aberdare Range sprawling proudly in the horizon.
- The sounds of nature will have you feeling light and carefree. From the whoosh of the trees, to the sound of rushing water to the whistling of the wind. To assure you of your own mortality, you will hear your heart beat with every step you take.
A hike on the Njabini Gem with a View of the Grand Aberdare Trail with all its key attractions is the stuff of fantasies. As far as hiking in Kenya goes, this is one for the books.
Nature trails and hiking trails are often inundated with adventurous people who like to push their own physical limits. For the Njabini Trail, you do not have to be one of those. It is only moderately difficult. You could be, but could also be a beginner or a person who just likes to take walks out in nature enjoying the fresh air, or a person who is only starting their journey towards being an adventurous, limit pushing individual. You can also be a person who likes special time in nature with their children. This is the perfect trail for that as it is only fairly challenging.
The central meeting point is on the benches near Bata Hilton Nairobi CBD. From there, we head out to take public transport to Njabini town. The journey to the starting point is about two hours long. The cost of transportation is approximately Ksh 600.
The trail is also self-drive friendly in case you don’t want to take public transport.
What do you need for the trail?
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 3 Litres of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack)
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Can you bring your kids with you?
Yes. Njabini is a child-friendly trail for children above 10 years. It’s a moderate hike where you can bring your family with you for a fun-filled weekend.
Now that you know about Njabini, we hope to see you on the trails!
Let’s Drift can be your partner. Where hiking in Kenya is concerned, you can count on us.
View similar trails.