Testing the Strength of your Steel on a Mini-hikeathon
Let’s Drift likes to shake things up with all sorts of options for interesting hiking trails in Kenya. Something away from the norm of walking up and down hills. People who join hiking groups in Kenya enjoy the thrill of a challenging hike every once in a while. All human beings enjoy being challenged occasionally. It builds character. It also revitalizes you to overcome big hurdles. People are always complaining about facing challenges but forget to talk about the feeling that comes after you have beaten that beast to a pulp. The Mini-hikeathon is your beast. It will be the hole you jump into willingly so that you can claw your way out and building your biceps while at it.
- The Mini-hikeathon is about the trek. It is about feeling the burn in your calves. It is about joining a hiking group in Kenya that knows how to cater to your need for a physical challenge. This trek will be long and demanding of everything you’ve got. Think of it as a long walk. Bring all your baggage. Unearth everything you have swept under the carpet. This will be the time to deal with everything you should have dealt with. Take advantage of the time. As your pores excrete sweat, your soul should do the same with your troubles.
- The mini-hikeathon is, however, about more than just a physical challenge. It is also a mental exercise. With every step, you will feel your mental muscles grow and firm up. You will feel yourself gaining clarity of thought.
The mini-hikeathon is going to be a challenging endeavor. You should not delude yourself into thinking that it will go according to your expectations. You should expect nothing and prepare for everything.
The central meeting point is on the benches near Bata Hilton Nairobi CBD. From there, we head out to take public transport to Kikuyu. The journey to the starting point is about one hour long.
The trail is not self-drive friendly. You can get to know your fellow warriors on the ride to the head.
What do you need for the trail?
- 3Ltrs water (bring a reusable bottle or a hydration pack)
- Snacks: fruit salad, energy drink, warm beverage, biscuits, sandwich, trail mix (nuts), etc.
- Personal items (ID, pocket money, hand sanitizer, facemask, phone, and camera, Lighter, Pocket Knife, and First-aid Kit)
- Trekking pole
- Change of clothes and shoes in case you get wet or muddy.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, sun protection
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Can you bring your kids with you?
No. The mini-hikeathon might not be the best weekend hiking trip to bring your children on.
Now that you know about the mini-hikeathon, we hope to book you on the next one!
If you are a fan of interesting hiking trails in Kenya, Book now, be notified when tickets become available. Similar experiences to the mini-hikeathon are: