Drift and Unplug
As society becomes more modernized, our cities become more like concrete jungles, phasing out nature. Some researchers say we are becoming more nature-deficit. We are also bombarded by technology at work and at home- we are constantly glued to our screens.
So, when was the last time you took the time to just be? To go out in nature and recalibrate your frequency with Mother Earth? When did you last go for an entire day without reaching for your phone or any other device?
At Unplug, we turn off our devices and take time to be truly present in nature. This practice is not only good for your physical body, but also for your mental wellness. If you’re looking to have a day of self-care for your mind, to improve your mental health, then this experience is for you.
What is special about this experience?
- Different trails. We have the experience on different hikes so that you can enjoy the beauty Mother Nature has to offer in different places.
- Forest walk. We select trails with forests for this experience to ensure that the experience is calm and serene for you.
- Unplugging. We turn off all our devices to focus on being fully present. No pictures, emails, calls or social media during this experience.
- Candid conversations. We like to have deep and honest conversations to connect with each other better.
This is a beginner-friendly hike. The terrain is mostly gentle slopes so that you can walk with ease, without heaving.
The central meeting point is Nairobi CBD on the benches near Bata Hilton. From there, we head out to take public transport to the starting point.
The trail is also self-drive friendly in case you don’t want to take public transport.
What do you need for the trail?
- Hiking boots
- Trekking pole
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 3 – 4 litres of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack).
- Quick dry clothes
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Can you bring your kids with you?
No. This trail is a chance for you to unplug and be away from all your responsibilities.
Similar experiences and trails
If you liked Unplug, you might also want to check out YogAdventure, Catch the Train, Cianda and Tigoni 1