Tigoni, Where All Will Be Right with the World
Have you ever looked at those photos that come with picture frames and wondered if such beauty truly exists? Have you ever looked at a sky so blue you feel like you are dreaming? How about color so vibrant even the best apps could never replicate it? Walk through the Tigoni Trail and this is exactly what you will experience. You will feel like you walked right into a fantasy.
- Perched boisterously at 2200m over Nairobi, Tigoni feels a little bit like the seat of God. It must be the pedestal people put others on. From up there, you can enjoy the city skyline and ponder your days. It gives you a feeling of being near the city but not quite in the muck of it.
- It is a walk through perfectly manicured tea farms that seem like a bed of green disappearing into the sky.
- This is the kind of trail where you would enjoy just being by yourself, with all the fresh air and the majesty of the place.
- For a little splash of water on the face or to feel the effervescence of water falling to the ground on your skin, you can stop by the waterfalls. There is something about the smell of water in nature. You do not have to drink it to quench your thirst. Just being there, brings you peace as it hydrates you.
- Not to mention the man-made forest that provides shade and some respite from the sun.
The central meeting point is on the benches near Bata Hilton Nairobi CBD. From there, we head out to take public transport to Limuru. The journey to the starting point is about an hour long. The cost of transportation is approximately Ksh 300. The trail is also self-drive friendly in case you don’t want to take public transport.
What do you need for the trail?
- Comfortable shoes
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 3 Litres of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack)
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Can you bring your kids with you?
Yes. Tigoni is a child-friendly and beginner friendly hiking trail for children above 10 years. It’s a moderate hike where you can bring your family with you for a fun-filled weekend.
Now that you know about Tigoni, we hope to see you on the trails!
Similar beginner friendly hiking trails
For lovers of nature Let’s Drift has a myriad of other options, similar trails to Tigoni, Where All Will Be Right with the World: