Wheels and Thrills Biking Adventure
Imagine silence, the only sound being the birds, you peddling your bike and the wheels turning, cool fresh air caressing your face and your heartbeat getting faster as you do what you love! Imagine a world where it’s just you, the bike, and nature.
The trailhead is at Brackenhurst and it’s a loop through Tigoni tea farms. If you love speed, there’s a section where you can clock close to 50 – 60 km per hour.
The route is as simple as gain, drop a little altitude so as to gain much more, flatten out and later finish with a thrilling 5 KM drop.
If you’ve never tried biking with us before, you might want to try out our wheels and thrills adventure!
What is special about this trail?
- Tea farms. Have you experienced lush tea farms? If not, Tigoni boasts of some of the best tea farms in Kenya
- Panoramic views. We have a spot where you can see the Nairobi city skyline, hills in Ukambani in the background, and to the left Mt Kilimambogo.
- Meet a community of bikers like you. If you join us, you might find that this is the community that you can call home.
This thrill is suitable for beginners and intermediate hikers.
The route has slight drops and gains in altitude. There are climbs with sweet elevation gains from 2187 msl to 2302 msl.
The meet-up point is at Brackenhurst in Tigoni.
The charges are 1500 for members and 2500 for non members.
The charges are inclusive of:
- Quality bikes
- Water bottle with water
- Professional, knowledgeable, friendly guide.
- A commitment to make the tour as exciting, challenging, informative, and full as you’d like, and as is possible in a day.
What do you need for the trail?
- Snacks such as nuts, granola bars, fruits, fresh juice,
- 3 – 4L of water (bring a reusable water bottle or a hydration pack).
- Shades to protect your eyes from the sun
- Quick-dry clothes
Here’s a list of resources for hiking gear you can check out.
Hiking Gear Vendors – Lets Drift
Can you bring your kids with you?
If your kids are consistent bikers, yes you can bring them.
If you like wheels and thrills, you might want to check out Victoria’s Secret.
Join us for a thrilling bike adventure in Tigoni, and spice up your time outdoors.